Shari D Bolen MD, MPH
- Bolen, S ; Love, T; ; Bar-Shain, D; Greco, PJ; Einstadter, D; Behmer, M; Ways, H; Caron, A; Cebul, R. A Positive Deviance Approach Substantially Improves Blood Pressure Control in Safety Net Populations. Journal of General Internal Medicine May 2016 (s1).
- Maruthur NM, Tseng E, Hutfless S, Wilson LM, Suarez-Cuervo C, Berger Z, Chu Y, Iyoha E, Segal J, Bolen SD. Diabetes Medications as Monotherapy or Metformin-Based Combination Therapy for Type 2 Diabetes: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Ann Intern Med. 2016 Jun 7;164(11):740-51
- Bolen SD, Sage P, Perzynski A, Stange K. No Moment Wasted – The Primary Care Visit for Adults with Diabetes and Low Socioeconomic Status. Primary Health Care Research and Development. 2015 May 20:1-15
- Bolen SD, Chandar A, Falck-Ytter C, Tyler C, Perzynski AT, Gertz AM, Sage P, Lewis S, Cobabe M, Ying Y, Menegay M, Windish D. Effectiveness and safety of patient activation interventions for adults with type 2 diabetes: systematic review, meta-analysis, and metaregression. J Gen Intern Med. 2014 Aug;29(8):1166-76
- Clark J.M., Chang H.Y., Bolen, S., Shore A.D., Goodwin S.M., Weiner J.P. Development of a Claims-based Risk Score to Identify Obese Individuals. Popul Health Manag. 2010 Aug;13(4):201-7
Dr. Bolen co-leads the population health sciences unit for the Center for Health Care Research and Policy. Her research interests include cardiovascular risk reduction, with an emphasis on improving health systems and linking clinics with community resources to improve the cardiovascular health of subpopulations. She also has a methods expertise in systematic reviews and meta-analyses.