Irene L Katzan MD, MS
- Katzan IL, Spertus J. Bettger JP. Bravata DM. Reeves MJ. Smith EE. Bushnell C. Higashida RT. Hinchey JA. Holloway RG. Howard G. King RB. Krumholz HM. Lutz BJ. Yeh RW. Risk adjustment of ischemic stroke outcomes for comparing hospital performance: a statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke. 2014;45(3):918-944.
- Katzan IL, Fan Y, Speck M, Morton J, Fromwiller L, Urchek J, Uchino K, Griffith SD, Modic M. Electronic Stroke CarePath: An Integrated Approach to Stroke Care. Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes 2015;8:S179-S189.
- Katzan IL, Thompson N, Uchino K. Innovations in Stroke: The Use of PROMIS and NeuroQoL Scales in Clinical Stroke Trials. Stroke 2016; 47:e27-e30.
- Katzan IL, Fan Y, Uchino K, Griffith SD. The PROMIS Physical Function Scale: a Promising Scale for use in Patients with Ischemic Stroke. Neurology 2016;86:1801–1807.
- Katzan IL, Thompson N, Uchino K, Foldvary N. A Screening Tool for Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Cerebrovascular Patients. Sleep Medicine 2016; 21:70-76.
Dr. Katzan is the director of the Neurological Institute Center for Outcomes Research & Evaluation. Her research interests include the evaluation of outcomes of care in stroke and other neurological diseases and the modification of systems to optimize patient management across healthcare venues. She has a background in patient-reported outcomes collection and analysis and leads the collection of patient-entered data at Cleveland Clinic.